Sessions are based on length and variety of images needed. The session you choose will depend on how you will use the images and how much variety you need. I’m always happy to connect with you over the phone to help you determine the best option for your needs.
Absolutely. I have been doing this for a long time and work very efficiently. I know you are busy, and I want to maximize your time. When you get to the studio, we chat, review your wardrobe options, and then get to work. You will see the images as we go, so if we need to make any changes, we can quickly adjust and move on. By the end of the session, you will have at least one image you love.
I understand that life can get in the way. If you need to change your appointment, all you need to do is call or email in advance of the session and I can get you rescheduled. If, for some reason, you were unable to make your scheduled appointment or give advance notice, I am happy to reschedule your appointment at no additional charge for the first reschedule, and $50 each time after that to cover administrative costs.
Upon booking, you will receive a wardrobe and styling guide that covers a lot of the details. In general, you should bring plenty of options to the shoot. Here are some basic pointers:
- Always bring clothes that match your style and personality.
- Stay away from clothes with busy patterns. Solid colors photograph the best. No logos.
- Layering with suit jackets or casual jackets looks great in photos.
- Wear clothing that fits well. Loose fabric or clothing that drapes does not photograph well.
- Any color is great for tops – but please stay away from neon or very bright colors as bright colors can draw attention away from your face.
- Bring an undershirt or camisole if you are shooting in multiple outfits. I have a dressing room, and being able to change tops quickly will maximize time and allow for more headshot looks. For men, wear an undershirt with a v-neck if possible, as it is less likely to show in photos that way.
- Make sure your clothing is clean and neatly pressed. This goes double for collared shirts and suits. We don’t remove wrinkles in photoshop.
- If booking an Extended Session, don’t forget about your lower half! Make sure you bring pants or skirt that coordinate with your top. Don’t forget the shoes that match!
- Undergarments. Maker sure to include the right undergarments for the tops you bring. You may be disappointed if you bring a cute strapless dress and forget a strapless bra.
- If you want to bring jewelry, make sure that it matches. Gold earrings don’t look great with a silver necklace, etc. Bring some options you love, but remember a headshot is about your face. Our goal is to draw the eye to your face. For modeling/acting shots, keep jewelry to a minimum.
- Before you head out the door, make sure to grab a unique article of clothing or two. Do you have a favorite denim or leather jacket? What about a cool fedora or cowboy hat? Is there a scarf that you love? You never know what might come out of a shoot, so grab that item and bring it with you!
- What you wear will depend on how you will use the headshots. I’m always happy to jump on a call to discuss wardrobe with you to give you more direction.
I highly recommend that women work with a professional hair and makeup artist. Hair and makeup are not included in the session fee and I have several great recommendations:
- In studio hair and makeup. $200. My wonderful hair and makeup artist will come to the studio to get you ready for your session. Please contact me before you book your headshot session so we can make sure we allow time for your hair and makeup to be done before your session.
- The Sparkle Bar https://thesparklebar.com/. The Sparkle Bar is less than a mile from the studio – very convenient! Please make sure you book your makeup appointment for 1 ½ hours before your headshot appointment to make sure you arrive at your headshot session on time and don’t have to rush.
- Do it yourself. If you are confident in your makeup application, please feel free to do your own hair and makeup! Please keep the following in mind:
- Stay away from makeup with an SPF. These ingredients are designed to reflect certain kinds of light and can cause you skin to appear more shiny on camera instead of less.
- Go easy on the blush. This is the one area that stands out the most if photos and can be very difficult to correct in post-processing.
- Bring your makeup to the session in case you need to reapply.
Our sessions are very often scheduled back to back, so unless scheduling in studio hair and makeup, please come with your hair and makeup ready to go so you can get the most out of your session.
The studio is conveniently located in Old Town Scottsdale, just off of main street. Close to great shops and restaurants! Coming to the studio with your kids? Sugar Bowl Ice Cream Parlor is only 2 blocks away! Specific directions will be sent to you upon booking.
**Please note there are 4 stairs to enter the studio. If stairs may be an issue, please reach out to me and we will hold the session at an alternate location that is more accessible.**
ALL ages! I love working with kids ages 6 months to 106 years!
Absolutely. Families will need to book an extended session. Express sessions are not available for families. Sessions are booked Mondays through Thursdays 9am to 2pm. Sessions take place at the studio or in Old Town Scottsdale. I am happy to travel to you for an additional fee of $100.